The Fredericksburg, Virginia area, resting on the banks of the pristine Rappahannock River, offers many ways to have “The Greatest Vacation in History.” Immerse yourself in the past as you stroll through the 40-block historic district in downtown Fredericksburg. Witness a Civil War reenactment or walk in the footsteps of a Civil War general who fought on the grounds of Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania when the North and South were at war. Wander through art galleries, see a Broadway quality musical and savor the delectable cuisine at an area eatery. Play a round of golf during your visit or enjoy outdoor activities at Lake Anna State Park. Add in George Washington's boyhood home in Stafford County.
FredericksburgVAcations is the official trip booking source for your visit to the Fredericksburg, Virginia region and is managed by local tourism and travel industry experts. Feel free to call us at 877-404-5810 from 9am - 5:30pm if you prefer to book your trip over the phone. If calling after hours during the week, we will return your call the next business day. If you need to reach us on the weekends to book, please leave a message and we will call you back within two hours.
For more information on area events, visiting Fredericksburg Virginia, and articles & blogs posts visit our VisitFredVA blog site.
Culinary Experience Package - Experience a delectable 5 course meal especially prepared for you with locally sourced fresh ingredients. Meet your chef and learn the inspiration behind your dishes during your culinary delight!
10 Great Reasons to Visit Historic Fredericksburg Virginia!
- The History: Colonial | Civil War | even Pre-Historic, it's all here, a history that's as rich and diverse as the country itself
- The Sesquicentennial: beyond our rich history, the 150th Anniversary of the American Civil War is bringing a series of can't miss special reenactments, lectures, and programs
- The Arts: from Broadway quality dinner theater to an eclectic mix of artists and galleries in Fredericksburg's downtown historic district
- The Great Outdoors: miles of walking and biking trails and diverse water adventures on scenic rivers and lakes
- The Shopping: all of your national favorites plus a historic district packed with one of a kind treasures, gifts and antiques
- The Wine and Spirits: Award winning wineries, historic distillery and a locally favorite micro-brewery make up the RF&P Grapes & Grains Trail
- The Food: dozens of chef owned establishments in a historic setting will keep your taste buds tantalized
- The Events: the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon and the unique Via Colori are just two of many great events held year 'round
- The Golf: challenge yourself in Fredericksburg, one of Virginia's fastest growing golf desinations
- Affordability: One only needs to review this site to know how affordable a vacation or a simple weekend getaway is here in Fredericksburg Virginia, and we are ready to help you with planning your Greatest Vacation in History!