The Civil War Experience
Visit one of the Civil War's most important regions, and walk in the footsteps of Grant, Lee and the thousands of Americans deeply affected by the war - uniformed, civilian, free and enslaved.
The Civil War Experience Package is priced at 3 basic Lodging Tiers.
- Value rates start at $198 (2 nights) and includes your stay at the Best Western, Clarion Inn or Quality Inn.
- Premium rates start at $260 (2 nights) and includes your stay at either Hampton Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn Stafford, Holiday Inn Express, Homewood Suites, Wingate by Wyndham or WyteStone Suites.
- B&B rates start at $420 (2 nights) and includes your stay at either Lavender Heights B&B or Richard Johnston Inn B&B.
Upon selection and check-out we will contact you to finalize the lodging choice portion of your package based on your needs and room availability. You can review lodging choices by selecting our Lodging tab.
You are also welcome to call us directly during our normal business hours (M-F 9am-5:30pm) at 877-404-5810 to discuss and complete your package booking, including lodging choice.
Begin your adventure with admission to the Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center and to the White Oak Civil War Museum. Exhibits at the Fredericksburg Area Museum introduce you to our region at war and to the issue of slavery. At the White Oak Civil War Museum, you will be amazed at the vast collection of Civil War artifacts, many actually from encampments in the Fredericksburg region.
Day two takes you to the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park's main visitor center at the base of the famed Marye's Heights. You will enjoy a short film about the Battle of Fredericksburg, and a self-guided tour of the battlefield. For iPhone users, download the fantastic Fredericksburg Battle App that provides GPS guided tours, information, maps and videos featuring expert historians.
Start day three at the Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center with a short film on the battle and hit the trails visiting the spot where, in the confusion of their sweeping victory, Stonewall Jackson’s own men wounded him. You can follow much of Jackson's flank march and see where the attack began. Time permitting, you can stop by the Wilderness Battlefield where Lee and Grant first faced off in combat and Spotsylvania Courthouse, one of the bloodiest battles of the war.
This package includes:
- Two nights at a Fredericksburg-area hotel (price varies by lodging tier selection)
- Admission at the Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center
- Admission at the White Oak Civil War Museum
- Viewing of a short film at the Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center
- Viewing of a short film at Chancellorsville Battlefield Visitor Center
- Admission to all National Military Park Battlefields
- PDFs of Civil War Trust detailed Marye’s Heights and Slaughter Pen Farm battle maps
To book, select the lodging tier option that best meets your needs. For more details on lodging options, please give us a call!
Things To Bring
Camera, walking shoes
This package is self guided and transportation is not included.
All sales are final.
Visit the package locations per the suggested itinerary, or at your leisure. Please make sure and double-check hours of operation for the museums during your stay.
Click a date to book